Expert Possum Catchers with Wildlife Permits
Has a possum taken up residence in your roof or between your floors or walls? Possums in Brisbane look cute, but they create a load of headaches for most people:
- Possums are incredibly noisy at night, keeping your family awake at all hours.
- Their urine and faeces can ruin your ceilings, creating almost indelible yellow stains.
- They can cause smells & if a possum dies in your roof the stench can be unbearable.
- They can make your dogs bark all night.
- They can move your ceiling insulation around to build their nests, creating fire hazards and reducing insulation effectiveness.
To a possum, your home is a veritable palace, no wonder they line up to move in! All a pesky possum needs is to find a small gap under roof overhangs, gaps underneath the house, through chimneys, through areas under renovation or in a garage wall. If they find even a small hole, enough to wriggle through, you will acquire new furry roommates.
How Do I Remove Possums From My Roof?
Possums are a protected species, and only possum catchers with the correct wildlife permits are permitted to use possum traps, and then they must release the pesky possum nearby within a specified area. Peter the Possum Man has been involved with removal of possums from buildings using traps and other methods for over 25 years. Removing possums from your roof takes patience and it may take a couple of visits by the possum catcher to effectively use possum traps to create a possum free home.
Every gap that a possum may use to enter your home must be found and blocked off. Using the possum traps, we then need to catch the possums and release them nearby. After the possum catcher does the removal you can also install a possum box as an alternative safe home for the possum family in a nearby tree.
Possum Traps and Catchers to Remove Possums with Warranty
We get many calls from people asking us to provide a quote over the phone to remove possums from their roof or to create possum traps for their property. Possum removal must entail a possum catcher to do building and house repairs, then capture of the possums using possum traps, and finally removal of the possum and release it in the nearby property.
But, no two houses are identical. To remove possums we need to look at a whole range of factors. These include the size of the roof, access points like cracked or broken tiles, roof sheeting, gaps around pipes, under floor access, and any access points where new holes could easily be made by strong teeth! Our possum catchers need to check your property over a number of days to ensure we have all possums safely out of your roof. So, to provide an accurate removal quote, our possum catchers need to physically see your property. We do like to meet the occupant to understand what has been heard and seen, but the quote can often be done by inspection from the outside.
That is why our possum catchers offer free* quotes and a building inspection for all Brisbane possum removals. We can consider your unique situation and provide you with a written quote, outlining everything we will be doing including fixing the holes and trapping the possums so there are no surprises (except for the possum).
If possums pester you, give us a call 3250 1111.
Why Choose Peter the Possum Man to Remove Your Possums?
- Free* quotes to get rid of possums and fix holes
- Fast & efficient possum removal using possum traps
- Thorough repairs to stop possums returning
- Legal, humane relocation of the possums
- Installation of possum boxes if required
- Genuine 12 month warranty on all possum proofing. If they come back, we come back and fix it!
- Possum catchers based around Brisbane, including Ipswich & Redcliffe which means no matter where you are in Brisbane, we can remove your possums.
- Experience in domestic, commercial, school & church possum removal. And because we care about possum welfare, we are involved in possum research including a study about the welfare of Brushtail possums that our possum catchers evicted from roofs. We found that they live in only a 4-6 house block area, and after removal from a roof they went straight to another den nearby. Read the results of that possum study on our website.
Contact Us For a Quote
Contact us for a free* quote to for possum removal by experienced possum catchers from your home or business. You can also fill out our website form or call our office between 8.30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
If you are a tenant, unfortunately we do need the owner’s permission to conduct any proofing work at the property, as it is structural work on the house. We would prefer if the owner is aware of the issue and requests the inspection from us directly so we know they are willing to consider our quote.