Have possums in your roof? We can help you with all your possum problems but if you are looking for possum trap hire or sale to catch that pesky possum in your roof. Stop!
Before you hire or buy a possum trap, there are a few things you need to know.
- Catching possums and setting a possum trap in Queensland without a permit is illegal. Only fully licensed operators are permitted to trap possums because like all native species, they are protected under the law.
- Once you have trapped a possum, it must be released nearby to the property. Possums can’t be relocated to different areas as they are very territorial creatures. Relocating possums is usually a death sentence for them as they do not know where to hide or find food.
- Even if you do the wrong thing and relocate the possum you will be wasting your time. Why? Possums use scent trails, so when one is taken away others will move into the vacant territory in your roof. We have spoken to people who have illegally relocated 6 or more possums before they finally give up and call us to permanently fix the issue.
So now that we have that out of the way – how can you legally and humanely go about trapping possums in Brisbane? You call us: Peter the Possum Man Brisbane – the experts in possum trapping.
We offer two different possum trap hire services
Basic Possum Trap Hire
Hire a possum trap from us and our team of licensed operators will set and manage the possum cage for you in compliance with the legislation. This option is ideal for when you are having renovations completed, and your builder or handyperson is repairing all possum access points for you.
Our team of licensed operators will:
- Set the possum traps for you.
- Remove the trap at the end of the hire period.
- Release any trapped possums nearby to your home.
Possums are very intelligent and crafty creatures, and will generally have a number of means of access to your roof. Your builder will need to find and repair all access points otherwise the possums will keep returning to your roof no matter how often you trap them.
Basic Possum Trap Hire Provisos
- As we are not conducting any repairs on your property, we cannot offer any warranty against possums returning to your roof.
- You will be charged for the hire of the possum traps whether or not any possums are trapped but our team will not set the possum cages if there are still obvious holes or access points to your roof. If this is the case, you will be charged a service fee for the visit.
- We prefer 24 hours’ notice of hire.
- We do not set possum traps on Friday nights or weekends as it may take more than one night to ensure all possums are removed.
To hire a possum trap (and one of our team to manage it for you), call the office on 3250 1133.
Guaranteed Possum Removal & Trap Hire
If you want to ensure that possums will be permanently removed from your roof, then you need our guaranteed possum removal and trap hire service.
Our team of licensed operators will:
- Identify all possum access points to the problem area of the property.
- Repair all entry points which could include sealing small gaps, replacing cracked or damaged tiles, fixing lifting roof sheets, sealing gaps around pipes, blocking off underfloor access.
- Set and remove traps for you over as many days and nights as is needed to trap all possums in your property.
- Advise you of other options to discourage possums from travelling across your roof including pruning overhanging shrubs and trees.
- Offer the option to supply and install a possum box nearby to create a safe, alternative home which your possums may use.
- Release any trapped possums nearby as required under all Queensland possum permits. Remember, we give you a warranty that the possums will not get back inside your home once they are released.
With our comprehensive possum removal service we offer a full 12 month warranty on our possum proofing.
Call us for a free* quote for possum trapping and removal in Brisbane, Ipswich
and the surrounding areas – 3250 1133.
If you are a tenant, unfortunately we do need the owner’s permission to conduct any proofing work at the property, as it is structural work on the house. We would prefer if the owner is aware of the issue and requests the inspection from us directly so we know they are willing to consider our quote.